maandag 3 januari 2011

Goa? Yeah, Goa!!

I'm still here in Goa. I didn't really want to come back here, but now I am starting to enjoy it. I know my way around, have some friends here and there... so Goa is like little India to me now. We are cruising around in a 50's Fiat Convertible from Devika's parents and except for the times our Betty refuses to start, it's heaven.
Yeah, Betty broke down on the road this afternoon. We thought she was hungry ans so we gave her some petrol but still she refused to go. We thought she was thirsty and so we gave her some water but still nothing. Finally we had to push her to get a little burp and there she went again! Thank God! Me and two Indian guys pushed her over a hill and I can assure you; at lunchtime in the blazing sun... that's not very healthy. But Betty rewarded us and hasn't stopped working since then! Yihaa! ;-)
New Year was 'special', to say the least. Last week we were sleeping a lot ever since we arrived in Goa. A few days ago when we got up Devika had this lump in her neck and after a visit to the doctor it turned out she had a throat infection. Me, I didn't have an infection like that... yet. But 'sleep' was the only thing on our minds. And boy, did we sleep! If it hadn't been for the sun stinging my eyes during sunset (yeah, I can see the sunset from my bed...) we might even have slept through New Year. But we got up at 6PM, kept ourselves awake till midnight and after looking at the fireworks in the distance... we went straight back to bed. On top of the tiredness and soar throat I also had stomach cramps and diarrhea (or is that too much information) so I didn't even have dinner on New Years Eve...Yep, we wanted to do something 'different' for New Years and that's exactly what we got: 'different'! Haha! Don't worry, we had fun and laughed the whole 6 hours! :-D
Now we're better and spend our time meeting up with friends. It's funny how a lot of people we met along the way turn up here in Goa. Some of them we haven't seen for 3 or 4 weeks and here they are. And now that Goa is becoming Goa again it's fun hanging out together.
Yeah, for a day or 3 (of which we slept 2, thank god) Goa was a bit too much. Rich Indian men come here to spend New Year and they are disgusting. They drink a lot even tough they can't handle their liquor and start talking dirty, there were fights... but all of a sudden they've all disappeared! And Goa is free of them again. The roads are emptier again, the bars are decent again... yep, Goa is getting back to it's normal rhythm and that's good. I'm used to that rhythm now. I learned to block out the Russians. So I like that rhythm now... It's slow and easy so I don't really have that much to tell you, except that I'm in a really good place and I'm loving the New Year.
So Happy New Year everybody!!
xxx

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten