vrijdag 5 november 2010

From Delhi with Love!

So, this is it! I'm in India, Delhi. My trip here went smooth, very smooth. If this sets the tone for the next couple of months, I have nothing to worry about. Wednesday morning Kristel and Steph gave me their last coffee. Probably because they knew it would be my last decent coffee for a while. Ha! Abderahim kept me company at the station and waved goodbye as the train left the station. Sniff! Check in at the airport went good and they gave me a seat at the exit, so lots of leg-space. I watched Alice in Wonderland which I've been wanting to see. My pickup in Delhi showed up and even though it was one of those 'shrunken' little cars, I was happy with it. There was a lot of traffic, but this car is like a rat and can fit the tiniest holes. So whenever it saw a bit of space in between two huge trucks... there we went! Very efficient if you need to be somewhere fast, not so good for the heart! ;-)
The hotel is OK, but to my suprise it's Delhi that surprises me the most. It's still yellow and it smells the same, but they must have known I was coming. They prepared the city for me and removed all the cows and dogs. I am so thankfull for that! ;-) Or maybe it's because of Divali-festival?! Anyway, it all looks cleaner than I remember and there's less hassle. Is it the Common Wealth Games; are things really about to change in this city or is this just my mind that was expecting the worse? Probably a bit of both. There are constructions going on everywhere, so I guess Delhi really is cleaning up. Well on the ground, because the visibility in the sky is like 20 meters. But I'm also a different person than 6 months ago. I know how to dodge the hassle-bullets. When an old man tried to read my lines (yes, the foreheadlines tell you all about yourself and your purpose on this planet), I told him I was not ready for a great spiritual mind like his... so we both started laughing and he winked at me while leaving me to be. He knew that I knew what he was up to!
I'm not doing much here in Delhi. A cold, mixed with allergies, tiredness, destressing and a bit of jetlag and that was my cocktail the last 2 days. This morning I took a bit of medicines and now I'm better. But I'm taking it easy; reading, watching TV, wandering Pajar Ganj and talking to strangers (sorry, mom and dad...). But tomorrow I'm moving on and taking the train to Haridwar and Rishikesh up North. At the foot of the Himalaya where the air is fresh I'll be practising my yoga and relaxing...mmmmmmmmm... :-D

1 opmerking: